Sir Ian Botham's
Spicy Eggs with BBQ Sausages and Ribs
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- Bunch spring onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 green finger chillies finely chopped (add more if you love really spicy food)
- 450g small plum/cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red pepper deseeded and finely sliced and halved
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded and finely sliced and halved
- 225g sliced mushrooms
- Handful of basil leaves finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 desert spoon fish sauce
- 1 desert spoon Worcester sauce
- Several drops of tabasco sauce according to taste
- 8 large chicken eggs or duck eggs
- Coriander leaves or grated parmesan/cheddar cheese – these are optional
- Marinated ribs from the butcher
- Sausages from the butcher
1. In a large frying pan saute the onions (not spring onions) and garlic in the oil until onions start to soften.
2. Add the chillies, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, spring onions and basil.
3. Stir well and add the fish sauce, Worcester sauce and tabasco.
4. Stir well, pop a lid on and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. This mixture can be made in advance.
6. When ready to serve reheat.
7. When simmering crack the eggs on top turn heat up slightly pop lid back on.
8. When the egg whites have become white serve immediately.
9. A grated hard cheese such as parmesan or cheddar can be sprinkled on top or some fresh coriander leaves as a garnish.
10. This can be served on its own or with a fish/meat dish.
HOW IT WORKS
Find your favourite
Check our calendar of upcoming Celebrity Cookalong dates and dishes and choose your favourite.
Enter prize draw
Buy your ticket to win the chance to join a live video call to cook along with your chosen celebrity. All proceeds go to charity.
Win or watch live
1 lucky winner will join an exclusive live video Celebrity Cookalong with up to 8 friends – streamed live on YouTube.