Oven-Baked Fish in a Paper Parcel
- 450g haddock, cod, whiting or other firm white fish fillet
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons small capers, rinsed
- 8 black or green olives, stoned
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Few sprigs of parsley, roughly chopped, to serve
1. Serve the fish with a glass of white wine and some green beans dressed with your best olive oil and you will feel like you are in Italy by the sea.
2. Heat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/400oF/gas mark 6.
3. Lay the fish onto a piece of baking parchment around 10cm (4in) bigger than the fish all around. Season it with salt and pepper and then scatter over the tomatoes, capers, olives and oregano. Pour over the white wine and oil.
4. Bring the long edges of the paper together and fold them over by 2cm, do this again and again until they reach around 5 cm above the fish. Twist the ends like a sweet to trap in the steam and flavours. Lay the parcel onto a baking tray and bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the oven or until the fish is cooked through. It should feel firm through the paper when it is done. Serve warm in the paper on a serving plate scattered with parsley.
HOW IT WORKS
Find your favourite
Check our calendar of upcoming Celebrity Cookalong dates and dishes and choose your favourite.
Enter prize draw
Buy your ticket to win the chance to join a live video call to cook along with your chosen celebrity. All proceeds go to charity.
Win or watch live
1 lucky winner will join an exclusive live video Celebrity Cookalong with up to 8 friends – streamed live on YouTube.