- Onion (sometimes I use chopped, frozen onion for speed & ease)
- Garlic salt or chopped frozen garlic
- Mixed Herbs
- Fresh Basil
- Chopped mozzarella (1 pack, I use low fat mozzarella)
- 1 brown sugar lump (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Large Saucepan/Frying Pan x 2
- Sharp Knife
1. Cook the onions, garlic, herbs & basil with the oil.
2. Add the passata and stir.
3. Add the meatballs and cook on medium heat for 10 mins stirring occasionally.
4. Add sugar lump and the mozzarella.
5. Stir so the mozzarella melts and leave to simmer for another 10 mins.
6. You may find the mozzarella separates but don’t worry!
7. Add the tomato puree (I use one mini can) and stir in continuously, this will thicken everything and make it less separate.
8. Season with a little salt and pepper and leave to simmer on a low heat for another 10 mins or so.
9. I will leave it on very low heat to keep it warm until the family is ready to eat it.
10. Alternatively to keep it warm you can put it in an ovenproof dish with a lid on and pop in the oven at low heat (around 150).
11. Serve with pasta, or rice a nice fresh green salad & some crispy garlic bread! If you own a low carb diet just have the meatballs & salad!
HOW IT WORKS
Find your favourite
Check our calendar of upcoming Celebrity Cookalong dates and dishes and choose your favourite.
Enter prize draw
Buy your ticket to win the chance to join a live video call to cook along with your chosen celebrity. All proceeds go to charity.
Win or watch live
1 lucky winner will join an exclusive live video Celebrity Cookalong with up to 8 friends – streamed live on YouTube.